Blessed is the word I use to describe myself. I am blessed to have been married to my wonderful husband, Kraig, for 34 years. I have also been blessed with 4 beautiful children, Shayla, Keri, Kace, and Sawyer. Being able to live in Fort Collins and raise my famiy is perhaps one of the biggest blessings of all. An educator by training, I was fortunate enough to be able to balance being a wife and mother with that of being a teacher and a school administrator as well as serving on various boards and volunteering in my children's schools and for their related activities. Serving on the City Council for the past two years has been the icing on the cake of all my blessings.
"Best job ever!" This is what I tell anyone who will listen about my position on City Council. One of the questions I am so often asked is, "What made you decide to run for city council?" In a word: service. Fort Collins has given so much to me and my family and this has been an opportunity for me to return the favor. I am proud and honored to represent ALL the people of District 4. I enjoy meeting with constituents and really listening to their concerns and ideas, helping them solve problems, and answering their e-mails and phone calls.
I have been working for our district in the following ways.
- Advocating for better cell service in our district.
- Working for bus routes that completely provide transportation for all of District 4.
- Providing a voice for the businesses of South College and working with them to create an identity for this gateway to our city.
- Initiating a request for a light at the busy intersection of Triangle and Hwy 287.
- Advocating for funds and timeline for the second most dangerous intersection in our city, Trilby and College.
- I have worked to create a solid working relationship with all my fellow councilmembers so we can be an effective governing body for our city.
- Working to find areas to trim our budget to help close the funding gap our city is facing.
Meeting with and listening to community members to try to create a consensus around hard issues such as:
An improved land use code
The use of the former Hughes Stadium land
Crafting reasonable oil and gas regulations
- Other emerging issues
- Consistent in holding monthly listening sessions to hear the concerns of citizens not only in District 4, but all members of the community.
- I have worked to know our community on a personal level by participating in police ride alongs, walking the streets with Outreach Fort Collins to understand the plight of the homeless, meeting with various non-profits to understand their role in our city, touring city facilities and meeting staff, participating in business visits, visiting neighborhoods to inspect problem areas,
Building and maintaining a community takes commitment, collaboration and hard work.
- I am committed to continue asking the relevant questions, having the tough conversations and seeking the best policies for our community as a whole.
- Fort Collins is a wonderful city made up of people with different experiences, different viewpoints and different backgrounds and I look forward to continued collaboration with this rich diversity to make our community the best it can be.
- Being an effective council member means working hard to meet the needs of our community and I am looking forward to continuing to work hard for District 4 and the city.
I would love to hear from you! Call, text, or email me at any time to connect.